15 QUR’ANIC FACT
1. The word Allah has been repeated 2698 times in the Quran.
2. The total number of verses in the Quran is 6236.
3. Zaid bin Haritha (RA) is the only Sahabi whose name is mentioned in the Quran (Surah Ahzaab).
4. If all Qur’ans in the world today were destroyed, the original Arabic would still exist. The reason is millions of Muslims have memorized the whole of the Quran letter for letter from beginning to end.
5. The Quran says that the heavens are created in seven layers. The term “seven heavens” is used seven times in the Quran.
6. The names of 25 prophets are mentioned in the Quran, 6 of which are title of a surah: Muhammad (PBUH), Joseph, Abraham, Jonah, Noah, Hud (AS).
7. Some verses in the Quran refer to man being equal to woman. Mathematically, the number of times the word “man” appears in the Quran is 24. The number of times the word “woman” appears in the Quran is also 24.
8. The Holy Quran was not authored by Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). It was authored by Allah, revealed to Muhammad (PBUH), and written into physical form by his companions (RA).
9. The Quran will complain of people who did recite it, on Judgment Day.
10. Muslims as well as non-Muslims agree that Quran is the best Arabic literature on the face of the earth.
11. Do you know if we recite Surah Al-Ikhlas we get reward of reciting 1/3 of the Quran?
12. Ayat-ul-Kursee (the Verse of the Throne) is the greatest verse in the Quran.
13. The Surah no. 2 of the Quran is names “The Cow” because of the story of cow in it.
14. Quran was revealed over 23 years: 13 in Makkah and 10 in Madinah!
15. Surah “Al Naml, No. 27” has “Bismillah Al-Rahman Al-Raheem” in its body.
Bashir Habeebullah @knowislam.com.ng