It has been a subject of discourse amongst Muslims and Christians on the COMFORTER whom Jesus(pbuh) said would come after him. Muslims have argued it to be the prophet Muhammad (SAW) while the Christians claim it is the holy sprit which is God.
The Christians are quick to agree to disagree that it is the Muhammad and they ask us,
“St. John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I WILL SEND HIM UNTO YOU”
According to this verse, Jesus sent the comforter which we call Muhammad (SAW), so do we Muslims agree?. If we agree that this verse talks of prophet Muhammad and we do not agree Jesus, isn’t that an hypocrisy on our own side?
In this article, I’ll not focus on whom we Muslims take the comforter to be rather I’ll subject the Christian’s view of the comforter to scrutiny which would eventually bring out whom the Comforter truly is. Hence, I’ll agree to disagree that the comforter is the holy spirit. If the comforter is the holy spirit, let’s see to some things and ask few questions.
* Jesus is God, holy spirit is God, yahweh is God. Yahweh sent Jesus, Jesus sent holy spirit.
* Why is Jesus subjected to the Father and the Holy Spirit in subject to the son? If not, why couldn’t the son send himself at his will and the holy spirit too?
* Is it that there’s hierarchy in the Trinity? Isn’t it the reason why the formation is always, God the Father, God the son and God the holy sprit? Why not God the holy spirit, God the son, God the Father?
* God sent God, God sent God. One God obeyed one God and came. Another God obeyed the other God and came. Yet they are one not three.
*The baby of the house being the Trinity cannot forgive sins while the big daddy and second in command could.
Let us look at this verse…
“St. John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come”
* The holy spirit is a spirit and God yet “HE” will not speak of himself.
* Whatsoever he hears, he shall speak. Why must a God hear before he speaks?
* So, Who is the holy spirit hearing from? The father or the son?
* If the holy spirit is hearing from another deity, yet he’s God. How does this make God one?
*God the son relied on God the Father to wake him from the CruciFICTION cum illusion likewise God the holy spirit relied on another deity before it could speak.
* The son can do nothing on his own nor the holy sprit.
* Jesus is God. God is one. Jesus sent Jesus to die. Jesus rose up Jesus. Jesus had to go before Jesus comes. Jesus will not speak of his own but what he hears from Jesus. Any sin against Jesus shall be forgiven but any sin against Jesus cannot be forgiven.
Isn’t it apparent that while the Trinity is not trinity at all. Just three misunderstood entities. There’s the one God and two messengers.
John 16:7 is another case of interpolation in the Bible just like in Genesis 22 where Isaac was placed where Ishmael was written. “God will” was changed for “I will”. A careful study of the gospel of John shows that the author was bent on making Jesus God starting from John 1:1 itself.
Undoubtedly, Prophet Muhammad (SAW) is the comforter. You can read in the Qur’an,
“Iqra Bismi Rabbika… (read in the name of your Lord….)
This is an example of someone speaking as he hears. While our own comforter, prophet Muhammad (SAW) has guided us into all truth from mode worship to how to name our kids to how to bury the dead, how to share our properties etc, the holy sprit of the Christians today has not given them a unified mode of worship neither has it helped them clear the errors, contradictions, anachronisms and discrepancies in their Bible. How long shall we wait? Maybe till when the corpse of Christians are no longer found shamelessly in mortuaries
We hope Christians begin to reason with us, be more sincere to themselves and come to the religion of felicity albeit Allah guides whom he wills.
Bashir Lucas Samson Lukman