DO NOT fall victim to the sensationalism created by FAKE NEWS OUTLETS IN DOHA #Qatar #News #QatarDay
There is no reason to panic and hoard essentials, says Qatar Cabinet
To deal with panic like situation in Qatar, the Cabinet met earlier today and in a statement said that the panic has been caused due to the circulation of unsubstantiated news items that were circulated on the social media.
The Cabinet in its statement added that there is no reason for people to panic as the State has taken all the necessary measures to ensure normalcy in the country.
The statement also added that the import of essential goods and movement from people from outside the Gulf countries, which have chosen to cut their ties with Qatar, will not be hampered in any way.
The panic was reportedly created after a news item claimed that people have begun to stock up, which made more and more visit the markets to buy essentials, leading to chaos. Supermarket officials from across the country have said that there is no need to panic as most food products are imported into Qatar from countries other than these Gulf states, so it is highly unlikely that there will be a shortage in the country and it is unfortunate that some news outlets decided to sensationalise the events.
“Marine and air spaces will remain open for import and movement”, the Qatari Cabinet added in its statement.
Furthermore, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs also issued a statement that said, “these measures taken against the State of Qatar will not affect the normal course of life of the citizens and residents of the State and that the Qatari government will take all necessary measures to ensure this and to thwart attempts to influence and harm the Qatari society and economy.”
It is unfortunate that at a time when people must work to calm things down, some people are having a field day and spreading ridiculous and unfounded rumours one such ludicrous absurdity making rounds is that the Ministry of Interior is going to eavesdrop on every communication channel in the country, this is a fake news aimed to create panic and sensationalise the matter such that a few opportunistic media outlets can earn some quick ad revenue.
It is worth mentioning that:
• 90% of meat and dairy products in are produced in Qatar by large companies.
• Most farm products are imported from South East Asia and as such won’t be effected by any proposed blockade.
• All technological products come from Japan, China and not from Saudi Arabia or the UAE.
• Most cosmetics come from Asia and Europe, and are imported into the country by air transportation and as such won’t be affected by the blockade.
• Air flights being blocked in Saudi doesn’t mean flights can’t come to Qatar. As Iraq, Kuwait and Iran control the entire north Asian Hampshire and flights are not blocked from there.