Arrivals from Egypt have been banned by Qatari authorities over the spread of the pandemic, COVID-19.
The ban, which excludes Qatari citizens, came as the spread of the Coronavirus is on the increase.
Egypt had her first reported case in February 14th. The infected person, according to the WHO, was discharged from the hospital on February 19. There have been no confirmed case in Egypt since then.
the Government Communications Office of Qatar said in a statement, “As a public health measure, the State of Qatar has imposed a temporary entrance restriction to its territories on all those who are coming from Egypt through intermediate points”
The ban is said to be temporary.
The ban came shortly after Saudi Arabia, the only GCC country without a confirmed case, temporarily suspended entry for Umrah and tourism from countries where cases of the Coronavirus have been confirmed.
With a total of 54 deaths, Iran is the biggest it in the Middle East. Qatar has three confirmed cases and the victims are under full quarantine.
In Bahrain, there are 47 confirmed cases of the deadly virus.
With more than 87,000 infected people across the globe, over 2,900 people have died from the COVID-19.