Assalamu alaykum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu!
We are seeking for the contributions of Muslim creatives to take part in the second edition of KnowIslam Project’s literary anthology through their unparalleled originality.
KnowIslam is an online dedicated to telling the Muslims’ stories, with vibrant and dedicated youths striving daily behind its curtain to ensure that these stories are told in beautiful, creative, appealing, and acceptable ways.
As part of our goals to protect the interests of Muslims and Islam, knowIslam is throwing the floor open for submission of elegantly composed literary pieces for the second edition of her literary anthology, themed: “The Strange Stranger (an anthology on Islamophobia) “. This theme has been carefully chosen as an all-encompassing theme, and entrants can send in work(s) from various angles. You are free to explore topics on war, oppression, Psychology e.g., mental health), spirituality, hope, despair, nonfictional narratives and what have you. We would love you to send in entries that are moving and will spend spams down the readers’ hearts.
• Prose (Flash fiction and nonfictional works): The minimum word count is pegged at 500, and the maximum, 1000 words.
• Poetry: Poets can send in two of their best poems of not more than 30lines. Our editors will look into them and publish either one or the two.
• Minimum word court for essay is 1000 words, and should not exceed 1500 words (excluding references, if any).
• Submissions are open to Muslim writers in any part of the world.
• All submissions must be original, intellectual property of the entrants, and previously unpublished.
• Entrants should accompany their submission(s) with a biography (not more than 150 words) written in the third person.
• All entries must be submitted via email in a microsoft word format to [email protected] with the subject “The Strange Stranger” and category of submission. E.g. The Strange Stranger , Poetry.
• Submission Deadline: February 15, 2021.
We await your contribution to the growth of Islam and Muslims!