The Bible: God’s words or men’s?
THE BIBLE: GOD’S WORDS OR MEN’S?
I do not accept the Bible as God’s word because it contains thousands of numerical errors, variations, interpolations, inconsistencies, anachronisms, historical fallacies, mathematical errors, concoction, fabrications, geographical errors, scientific errors and contradictions that can never be solved. The above words I used to qualify the Biblical problems might sound offensive to our Christian brethren, bear with me, this is a fact and a bitter truth.
I refuse to accept Jesus as my personal savior, because Christ himself (pbuh) never said “accept me as your personal lord and Savior” and he never claimed divinity.
I urge our Christian brethren to read this article in light of the bible’s teachings; Christians should “reason together” (Isaiah 1:18) and “prove all things and hold fast to the truth” (1thessalonian 5:21) let’s reason together in order to understand my view that the bible has many shortcomings.
1. According to your Bible I am to believe that human kind is sinful, because Adam and Eve ate the fruit of knowledge. Why are we being punished for the original sin? After all, they ate the forbidden fruit, we didn’t. Reason would lead one to say it’s their problem, not ours. Even the bible contradicts itself by claiming
“children shall not be punished for the sins of their fathers.” Deuteronomy24:16,
Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die. Ezekiel:18:4
None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him: Psalm:49:7
2. We are told that the Bible has no scientific errors and is utterly perfect/protected. This is a lie because the Bible says the bat is a bird (Leviticus 11:13 & 19), hares chew the cud (Leviticus 11:5-6), and some fowl (Leviticus 11:20-21) and insects (Leviticus 11:22-23) have four legs. This is unscientific, therefore the Bible is not fit for worship.
3. Heaven is supposed to be a perfect place because it is a place we strive for and just to gain eternal bless “salvation”. Yet, it experienced a war according to the Bible in the book of Revelation
And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels
How can there be a war in a perfect place and if it happened before what is the tendency that it will not happen again?
4. We are told salvation is obtained by faith alone (John 3:18 & 36) and then the Bible claims that it is repentance that shall save us (2 Peter 3:9) yet Jesus told a man to follow the Commandments-Matthew 19:16-18 (saving by works)-if he wanted eternal life, and Paul claims it is by the death of Christ Galatians 3:13.
So which way is it and how do you know your belief is the correct one?
5. According to the text there are 29 cities listed in Joshua 15:21-32. One need only count them to see that biblical math is not to be trusted. The total is 36.
6. Surely you don’t believe Ecclesiastes 1:9 RSV (“What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done; there is nothing new under the sun”)?
My question is, how many cities had an atomic bomb dropped on them prior to 1945, and how many people walked on the moon before 1969?
7. If the Bible is our moral guide, then how can it make pornographic statements such as: “…they may eat their own dung and drink their own piss with you” 2 Kings 18:27? Also consult Numbers 31:17-18 where a whole tribe of people, including the elderly and children are slaughtered. The only survivors were the virginal women, who were later raped by the “just and perfect” Moses and his men. Is that what you want your children reading on Sunday?
We Muslims cannot impute such displeasing and pornographical statement to Moses “Musa” (peace be upon him). We believe him to be a prophet and a messenger of Allaah sent to the Israelite during his time.
8. The Bible condemned the personality of Jesus Christ as a prophet (peace be upon him). We read, Christ said, “whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire” Matthew 5:22. Yet, he himself did so
Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold?
repeatedly, as Matthew 27:19, Luke 11:40 & 12:20 show. Shouldn’t he be in danger of hell too according to the Bible?
With the above evidences from the bible, I strongly believe no rational man will still attribute a book with such errors to Allaah (God), and thus it is not divine. So the Bible is not fit for worship.
By Bashir Habeeb
2,638 total views, 0 views today