At-Tauhid reading continued
What is said regarding Astrology (At- Tanjeem)
Imam Al-Bukhari recorded in his Sahih that Qamdah (May Allah be pleased with him) said: “Allah created the stars for three purposes:
(1) As ornaments of the heavens;
(2) As missiles against the devils;
(3) As signposts for the guidance of travelers.
Whoever interprets otherwise is mistaken. Such a person is to lose his Teward (on the Day of Resurrection), and takes upon himself that which is outside his knowledge.”
Harb has reported that the learning of the lunar phases was permitted by Ahmad and Ishaque, discouraged by Qatadah and prohibited by ‘Uyainah.
Abu Musa (May Allah be pleased with him) is reported to have said that Allah’s Messenger (May the peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) said:
“Three (types of people) will not enter Paradise:
(1) The habitual wine (alcohol) drinker;
(2) The believer in sorcery (and astrology is among it);
(3) The one who severs blood relations.”
[Ahmad, and Ibn Hibban has mentioned this Hadith in his Sahih].
Important issues of the Chapter
1) The wisdom of creating the stars.
2) The refutation of those who claim otherwise.
3) Mention of the difference of opinions regarding study of the lunar phases.
4) The punishment promised for those who believed in any aspect of sorcery though knowing fully well that sorcery is falsehood.
439 total views, 0 views today